Practice focuses on representing lenders, brokers, real estate investment trusts, limited partnerships, individual investors, banks, hedge funds, mortgage pools, and private investment funds.
Ms. Martinez strives to review the facts of your case from every angle in order to strategically develop a litigation plan with you. Ms. Martinez keeps the client’s concerns regarding costs at the forefront of this process as she has worked tirelessly to keep client expenses low while obtaining a successful outcome for each client. Ms. Martinez is open to all client input and understands the need for you to have personal one-on-one communication with your attorney as litigation can be a very stressful experience.
Ms. Martinez is always available for client phone calls, emails and personal meetings, and encourages all clients to be as involved in the litigation process as they desire. As an experienced litigator, Ms. Martinez is able to navigate through the Court system, at both the State and Federal levels, and will help guide you through the process every step of the way.
Alaska Cruise and Grand Canyon Skywalk
Books currently reading
The Left Behind series
Most prized possession
My relationship with my son
Chris Tomlin, Hillsong, Matthew West, MercyMe, Rob Thomas
Traveling and exploring new places with my son and my family
A Few Good Men and any scary movie
When not working
I enjoy spending time with my family which usually involves lots of laughter and wine
You’re on Survivor… what one item do you bring with you and why?
A firestarter so I can stay warm at night and cook the fish I had to catch by hand.
What was it about the legal field that drew your interest?
I decided I wanted to go to Law School while I was in the middle of getting an MBA. During that program, I took a Business Law class and was hooked. The next semester of the MBA required me to take accounting, warehouse management, and marketing classes, none of which intrigued me so I made the decision to switch tracks. I left the MBA program, and went to law school and have never regretted that decision.
What banking law or regulation would you like to see changed?
The leniency Bankruptcy Courts provide to debtors is very frustrating. Because the bankruptcy system was established to protect borrowers, it is very easy for them to manipulate the rules to the detriment of the lenders. I would like to see stricter rules imposed for bankruptcy debtors who are clearly filing bankruptcy to avoid / delay an inevitable foreclosure
What is your proudest achievement?
My proudest achievement happened when I was with my family on a vacation in San Francisco in May, 2015. My 7-year old son asked if he could ride the carousel on the pier, so I gave him $2.00 and he ran off to pay for his ticket. He climbed on the ride and ended up on the second floor of the double-decker carousel sitting on a brightly colored tiger. While the ride was going, I took pictures and waved to him. During that time, the ride operator walked over to me and said, “I’ve been operating this carousel for three years and your son is the most polite child that has ever ridden it.” I turned to the man, and of course started listening intently as he continued, “Your son said please when he asked to ride, he said thank you when I handed him his ticket, and said ‘thank you sir’ when I offered to help onto the tiger.” I was so proud of my son because it is no easy feat for a 7-year old boy to consistently remember the power of saying please and thank you. The ride operator then advised me that my son could ride for free for the rest of the day if we wanted to come back later; so of course, we ended our pier visit with a few more rides on the carousel.
What’s it like working at Geraci?
Working at Geraci Law Firm is not like working at any other firm. I’ve worked at three other firms and none of them had the types of interactions we have here. Attorneys here are empowered to think outside the box and collaborate with each other. At the other firms I’ve worked at, there was no feeling of teamwork and the focus was not on the individual clients, but instead was on the bottom line and the billable hours.
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Chapman University School of Law, Orange, California
- Juris Doctorate summa cum laude – 2006
- Honors: Valedictorian
- Honors: Dean’s Fellow: 2005
- Law Review: Law Review, Articles Editor
- Law Review: Law Review, Staff Member
- Chapman University, Orange, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 2000
Associations & Memberships
- Board of Directors for the Anaheim Cops 4 Kids
- General Counsel to American Association of Private Lenders
- Orange County Bar Association: Business Litigation Section
- Real Estate Litigation representation – Represent clients in litigation matters including foreclosures, foreclosure defense, lender/borrower litigation, investor/LLC litigation, policyholder/title insurer litigation, and inter-bank litigation on a range of issues involving loans, including federal and state disclosure and foreclosure laws, recording and title issues, UCC issues, equitable subrogation, causes of action for violations of TILA, HOEPA, statutory broker liability, Business and Professions Code section 17200 and other statutory violations.
- Secured Creditor Bankruptcy representation – Adversary proceedings, Chapter 7, 11 and 13 general case administration matters, and protection of secured creditor’s rights by filing motions for relief from stay, opposing lien strip and cram down motions, motions to use cash collateral, and other attempts by debtor to impair the rights of clients.
- CFPB Updates Mortgage Guidelines
- Bank of America Agrees to $5 Million Settlement in Pre-hedge Probing Investigation
- Banks Reach $65.5M Settlement in SSA Bond-Fixing Suit
- Court Critical of DOL Fiduciary Rule Leaves Labor Proposing Compliance Delay
- Loan Mod Fraud Suit Dismissed by Ninth Circuit
- CFPB Reveals Specific Consent Orders with Legal Debt Firm, Partners, and Debt Purchaser
- Deutsche Bank Settles with the State of Maryland for $95 Million
- Wells Fargo Faces Suit from City of Philadelphia Over Predatory Lending
- The Most Underutilized Protection For Seller Carry Back Financing Loans: A Lender’s Policy Of Title Insurance And Why It Is Crucial For Any Seller Who Agrees To Act As A Lender
- Bankruptcy Code Eclipses National Labor Relations Act
- DOJ Reclaims Over $15 Billion in Goldman, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo Cases
- AXA Ruling Setting New Ground Rules for Investment Management
- CFPB Asserts Deception Regardless of Intent