Welcome to Geraci LLP’s New Normal: Impacts in Lending hub. Here we will be sharing information and resources that directly impact the lending community in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
Jump Straight To:
Sign up for the Geraci Law Firm Newsletter to receive our biweekly emails on The New Normal: Impacts in Lending:
Industry News & Resources
Free Up Capital, Fund New Deals
Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Hosts: Dennis Baranowski, Esq., and Kyle Niewoehner, Esq.
Has your available capital diminished as a result of the contraction of capital markets? Do you want to increase your loan volume without a credit line? As the industry continues to deal with the COVID fallout and some previous channels of financing have dried up, it is more important than ever for lenders to take advantage of all their options. In this webinar, learn how to leverage your existing loan portfolio and free up your capital to fund new deals.
- The mechanics of using fractionalization, participation, and hypothecation to free up capital
- How to structure the transaction to fit your needs
- Relevant compliance considerations
Understanding Securities Litigation & Enforcement
Wednesday, Sep 16, 2020 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Hosts: Tae Kim, Esq., and Darlene Hernandez, Esq.
As the COVID-19 pandemic has created economic uncertainty and volatility in the market, there may be increased securities-related claims from investors both under federal and state law, as well as enforcement actions from the regulators. This webinar will discuss key issues that may arise in these types of litigations.
- Rule 10b-5 claims
- State securities claims under the blue sky laws
- SEC and/or state inquiries
REITs in Private Lending – An Honest Discussion
Tuesday, Aug 25, 2020 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Hosts: Kevin Kim, Esq., and Tae Kim, Esq.
This webinar will discuss the most significant trend in Fund Formation Strategies since the emergence of crowdfunding: REITs. We will present the core qualification requirements, the benefits, and the drawbacks of using a REIT as opposed to a standard fund. Most importantly, we’ll explain how existing fund managers can add a REIT to their fund or new fund managers can start their fund with a REIT right away.
Making Rental Loans in the New Normal
Wednesday, Jul 22, 2020 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Hosts: Nema Daghbandan, Esq., of Geraci Law Firm and Ben Fertig of Constructive Loans
Rental Loan programs were becoming a staple product in the private lending industry with a variety of terms and options available through a number of institutional investors. Then COVID hit, decimating Wall Street and investor appetite for rental loans. As the economy reopens, rental loan products are making a big comeback and our experts will explain what to expect with rental loans in the new normal.
You will Learn:
- What rental products are institutional investors interested in currently?
- What are the minimum borrower expectations for these loans?
- How to market a rental loan to your borrower base and expand your loan portfolio options.
- How to underwrite a rental loan.
- How to document a rental loan and understand investor expectations through documents.
- Understanding the capital markets behind rental loans including loan sales, correspondent programs, and origination programs.