In this Webinar :
A common misconception from lenders and brokers when making business purpose loans in California is that any amount of interest accruing on the loan is permissible. While there are various exemptions to California’s usury laws, there is truly no “one size fits all” solution to approach interest rates and default interest when lending in California. In addition, California does have strict penalties for loans that violate its usury laws, so whenever possible, lenders should know how to “fix” their problem loans.
You will learn:
• How California views usury and establishes maximum interest rates
• Various exemptions to usury under California law
• Common approaches to determine interest rates and default rates
• How to “fix” a usurious loan
• Penalties for usurious loans
This webinar will be led by Melissa C. Martorella, Esq. and Anthony F. Geraci, Esq. of Geraci LLP.
For information on all upcoming webinars, sign up for our newsletter here: https://geracilawfirm.com/sign-up/