Imagine a one-stop-shop for real estate finance industry entities seeking end-to-end mortgage services accessible via a user-friendly, cutting-edge online platform that delivers actual value from enterprise workflow optimization and innovative asset-level analysis. Does that sound too good to be true? The good news is that it is not. The multi-dimensional team of experts at Consolidated Analytics is continually improving their comprehensive suite of products by harnessing the power of data and technology to assist forward-thinking companies unlock loan and operational quality, efficiency, and performance.
Originate Report sat down with the leadership team at Consolidated Analytics to get a unique first-hand perspective of how the company utilizes technology to empower its clients to take their business operations to the next level and adapt to an evolving marketplace.
What was the inspiration behind the formation of Consolidated Analytics?
Consolidated Analytics (CA) has not followed the traditional path for business growth. It started as a small 25-employee Appraisal Management Company, Standard Analytics. In 2009, Brian Gehl, a serial entrepreneur with a passion for real estate and CA’s current president, acquired the controlling interest, and the company became Consolidated Analytics. In 2013, Arvin Wijay, CA’s current CEO, who had recently sold his own mortgage services company, acquired a partnership interest in CA and launched the due diligence operation. In 2015, CA acquired Operational Excellence Now and began to deliver consulting and strategic advisory services to clients. In 2017, CA bought Equitable Mortgage Solutions, with Joe Andrea and Rudy Zabran joining the company to drive solution development. Since 2018, CA has launched component servicing solutions and has acquired Carrington Property Services. In addition, CA has built a custom client due diligence platform and has approval from all ratings agencies.
What makes Consolidated Analytics unique?
Consolidated Analytics provides the real estate finance industry with an end-to-end mortgage services platform that delivers value to its customers, from asset-level analysis to enterprise optimization. By harnessing the power of data and technology – and tapping into our multidisciplinary team’s expert insights – we help companies unlock loan and operational quality, efficiency, and performance. Consolidated Analytics serves clients in mortgage lending, servicing, and capital markets. We offer tailored solutions that span the mortgage value chain, including valuations, business process services, due diligence, and consulting services.
What technologies does Consolidated Analytics use to provide value to its customers?
In addition to providing Valuation, BPO, and due diligence services, CA provides tech-centric solutions from digital transformation, process automation, road mapping, system selection, optimization, and implementation. We blend the mortgage industry system and loan workflow expertise with emerging trends, exceptional process design, project management, regulatory knowledge, and learning and development to:
- Reduce fragmentation and drive greater connectivity across data, people, and processes
- Evaluate, monitor, and minimize system and technology risk
- Modernize your operations
- Deliver greater visibility into loan data, people, and process performance
- Increase user adoption and knowledge
- Reduce costs by leveraging automation and emerging technologies
- Design a practical, realistic process automation roadmap that addresses current challenges and prepares your systems for future needs
We are constantly upgrading our valuations and AI tools and developing new platforms to streamline and save our clients time and money.
What competitive edge does Consolidated Analytics offer its clients?
Our solutions span the spectrum of real estate finance and include property valuation services and analytics, mortgage business process solutions, consulting and strategic advisory services and asset due diligence.
Let us explore this comprehensive range of services further one-by-one:
- Property Valuation & Analytics: For individuals looking for turn-around times, unparalleled customer service, and in-depth analysis of collateral value, CA is the answer. We offer proprietary products, analytical excellence, and next-level service to satisfy even the most complex valuation scenarios. The CA team knows high quality, compliant valuations are essential to crucial underwriting, re-underwriting, and transaction determinations, which is why we are committed to providing insightful tech-centric services. We leverage cutting-edge technologies that streamline processes and deliver our customers the best possible product.
- Mortgage Business Process Services: In an ever-evolving regulatory and technology marketplace, consistently optimizing organizational workflow is necessary to remain competitive. CA offers a full range of business process services that help our clients respond and adapt to emergent trends. As a result, clients can prioritize growth by freeing up key personnel to focus on core competencies, development, and innovation with top-tier support across fulfillment, quality control, and audit and management processes.
- Consulting & Strategic Advisory: An ingenious strategy means nothing without an effective implementation plan and vice versa. CA bridges the critical gap between planning and execution by employing subject matter experts (SMEs) across the full scope of mortgage and financial services disciplines to ensure effective operations, processes, and systems at all project phases.
- Asset Due Diligence: Designed by the leading authorities in the industry, CA’s due diligence services deliver exceptional transparency in pre-and post-issuance securitized assets that exceed even the most rigorous demands of industry regulators, investors, and stakeholders. Approved by all ratings agencies, CA’s due diligence services help clients assess risk and make the informed loan, portfolio, and transaction decisions. In addition, CA addresses the most stringent regulatory and agency requirements, from securitized assets to MSRs, to HELOCs, through quality control.
What types of employees are at Consolidated Analytics? How does their experience/expertise fit into your business model?
We hire expert practitioners based on their experience and knowledge, ability to bring outside-the-box thinking, and willingness to embrace emerging trends such as automation, AI, and advanced analytics. We hire changemakers who go to great lengths to make client experiences exceptional. Our leadership and management teams are hired for their knowledge, experience, talent, grit, and passion for modernizing processes for the company and its clients. In their day-to-day work, they reflect our core values and remain thoughtful, credible, accountable, and innovative, keeping the momentum high and the results improving consistently.
Our multidisciplinary approach enables you to tap into a range of expertise, solutions, and services at a moment’s notice. Whether you want to explore alternative disposition strategies, evaluate collateral or loan quality, or improve operational excellence, we provide a complete set of solutions designed to optimize performance within specific functions or across an enterprise. Our leadership team is experts across the mortgage and financial services spectrum, including origination and servicing operations and processes, technology and AI, risk management, regulatory compliance, appraisal, due diligence, asset management, and rental management. Our teams are carefully composed to ensure expertise from the loan level up to the enterprise level for a strategic perspective and meticulous execution.
What types of clients do you typically work with? What are the biggest reasons they choose to partner with Consolidated Analytics?
Consolidated Analytics has more than 200 active clients, including top money center banks, agencies, credit unions, community banks, non-bank originators, aggregators, and warehouse financing providers, spanning the entire mortgage lifecycle from origination through capital markets and servicing. Clients choose CA because of our leadership and dedication to customer service and transparency. The thoughtful deployment of mortgage services that provide value to our clients and fast turn times are the foundation of success for our clients and their customers.
What is the most challenging aspect(s) of delivering the best end-product to your clients (adjusting to market trends, technology improvements/competition, etc.)?
Addressing the cyclical nature of the mortgage market and its need for services that can be deployed quickly and executed effectively has always been a challenge. Consolidated Analytics leverages decades of industry knowledge with an emphasis on technology deployments that allow for quickly scaled operations that are methodical in execution.
What plans do you have for the future of Consolidated Analytics? Any new initiatives/services you would like to highlight?
At Consolidated Analytics, our eyes are always on the future. An ongoing focus on mortgage technologies that provide cost-effective value-add to the origination, valuation, capital markets, and servicing products and services we deploy will remain a key development area. Our tech-centric focus includes addressing the accessibility of data and information related to loan quality and the lifecycle of the assets. By deploying RPA, AI, and OCR, we continue leveraging technology to create operational efficiency and effectiveness internally and for our clients.