Secretary of State
- The state of CA is taking proactive measures to prevent to spread the COVID-19 virus, and the secretary of state Alex Padilla is encouraging all CA residents to use the Secretary of State’s online services or contact staff by email or phone for assistance.
- Public counters at the Sacramento office will be closed as of March 20, 2020, but drop off boxes will be available in the first floor rotunda.
- The Los Angeles public counter will remain OPEN, but with limited staff and services.
Department of Real Estate
- All DRE offices are Closed to public until further notice until further notice in order to comply with Governor Gavin Newsom’s Executive Order N-33-20, issued March 19, 2020, ordering all California residents to shelter in place to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- DRE is still operational by phone, Licensing and mail.
- The department of Real Estate is cancelling real estate salesperson and broker license exams in ALL EXAM CENTERS from March 18- April 7, 2020. Examinees will be notified by email and will be allowed to reschedule. Exam rescheduling fees will be waived for the cancellation of this event.
- DRE’s public information line will STILL BE OPEN during CA shelter in place but will have excessive wait times due to lack of staffing.
- Question: How do I complete continuing education for my license renewal when I have been ordered to shelter in place?
- Answer: Licensees can take continuing education courses by various means, including by correspondence or distance learning. Correspondence courses include courses offered online or by mail. You can search here for a list of continuing education courses that are offered by correspondence. Please remember that continuing education courses follow strict regulations with regards to the amount of time required to be spent on a course and spacing of the final exams. See Continuing Education Regulations (RE 312) for additional information.
- First American – Still operating under restricted guidelines. https://www.firstam.com/covid-19-update/
- Old Republic – Still operating under restricted guidelines. https://www.oldrepublictitle.com/news/presidents-message-covid-19
- Attorneys’ Title – Still operating under restricted guidelines. https://www.atgf.com/underwriting/news/now-available-ondemand-operations-update-during-covid-19
- Chicago Title – Still operating under restricted guidelines. http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/471333/28272101/1584487570670/COVID-19_Client_Response_CTIC.pdf?token=ZbZ1kKNhcKC36On4bMC3SJQjzFw%3D
- Fidelity National Title – Still operating under restricted guidelines. http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/471333/28272098/1584487570163/COVID-19_Client_Response_FNTIC.pdf?token=G15dj42cXX9RKeKMqPIt7m14CUY%3D
- Stewart Title – Still operating under restricted guidelines. https://www.stewart.com/covid-19
- Commonwealth Land Title – Still operating under restricted guidelines. http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/471333/28272095/1584487569667/COVID-19_Client_Response_CLTIC.pdf?token=YmS1Ui3eQJk0Ej4TcOXwQPqzA%2Fk%3D
- Ticor Title – Still operating under restricted guidelines. http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/471333/28272094/1584487569483/COVID-19_Client_Response_Ticor.pdf?token=jIGI0TH%2BBz0UpN39fY4excxb9O8%3D
- Lawyers Title – Still operating under restricted guidelines. http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/471333/28272112/1584487572673/COVID-19_Client_Response_Lawyers.pdf?token=tYmF3P%2BOWhOyeli0Ngi2bm4g%2F7k%3D