“There’s really no such thing as internal culture anymore. Your culture is always public, and it’s your most powerful, public-facing asset or liability.”– David Mattin, Head of Trends & Insights, TrendWatching.
In an industry not particularly known for its ethical business practices, RCN Capital aims to be an outlier when it comes to conducting its day-to-day business operations in a transparent, principled manner. Founded in 2010 amidst the turmoil of the latest recession, they seek to inject the market with a refreshing common-sense approach when it comes to underwriting. As a direct private lender, RCN Capital approves all transactions in-house to provide prompt responses to time-sensitive loans.
RCN Capital realizes that no two investors are alike. As a brand, RCN focuses on professionalizing hard money while simultaneously delivering a personalized, customer centric experience specifically tailored to the individual client. They offer superior short-term fix and flip financing and long-term rental financing for real estate investors to fund the purchase and refinance of non-owner occupied residential and commercial properties.—all in a fraction of the time of the competition. Utilizing their innovative RCN Advantage, they offer their clientele a wide array of competitive loan programs, state-of-the-art technology via Bridge Loan Network, and unparalleled service.
Creating a scalable, enduring organizational culture is no longer optional in today’s ultra-transparent society. Corporate values are the foundation upon which successful business are built. Today’s employees value a strong corporate culture just as much as they do their salaries and other traditional perks—as they should. Satisfied workers translate into satisfied customers, and RCN Capital goes the extra mile to ensure their team members are valued for what they are: their most vital commodity. The following are just a few examples of the worker-focused initiatives they have implemented in order to foster an optimal team environment:
- Dynamic Teambuilding Exercises: Successful teams aren’t made overnight. Building dependable, lasting relationships is a deliberate process that RCN Capital takes seriously. They operate on a work hard/play hard mentality and believe in the importance of hosting regular team building activities to strengthen workplace relationships.
- Social events to create new connections and strengthen existing relationships.
- Complimentary food including breakfast, lunch and dinner options.
- “The Farm” Yes, they have an actual on-site farm at their company headquarters complete with pigs, chickens, llamas, goats, geese and ducks. A nonconventional approach from a nonconventional company. While this may seem like an odd feature, it is a collaborative venture amongst the employees who get to learn about and enjoy a variety of crops and animals. It’s a unique and effective way to relieve stress during breaks.
- Game/Recreation Room: Friendly competition breeds success and helps alleviate stress.
- Onsite Gym: Healthy employees perform better. There’s nothing like a lunchtime sweat session to get you over the dreaded afternoon slump.
- Onsite Laundry: RCN Capital is all about convenience, and not just when it comes to providing their clients with solutions to their financing needs. They make life easy for their team by providing them the resources they need to cross off items on their personal to-do lists so they can remain focused on their work.
- Electric Car Chargers: Environmentally friendly transportation is the future. RCN applauds their employees for taking the next step to address air pollution and hope this innovative convenience expresses their support.
RCN Capital has made it a priority to instill a close-knit, progressive and modern work environment that is hard to come by in the financial industry. All employees, regardless of title, experience or background are committed to sustaining an extremely open and welcoming office culture. Everyone is ready and willing to assist one another in order to achieve more and deliver a better end-product to their customers.